Friday, July 29, 2011
Friday, March 18, 2011
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Saturday, January 29, 2011
Sunday, August 8, 2010
Friday, August 14, 2009
Which is why I find it exceedingly necessary to put to all the folks' notice the habit of dogs (mostly male) to sniff places before deeming them as favorable for urinating. Something I managed to observe whilst i was doing absolutely nothing by my window, which is totally unlikely. The unlikeliness not being in standing by the window but in doing absolutely nothing! The usual and very reliable spending quality time in the loo had also become too boring by then! Though the logic of deeming a place clean enough to dirty later on seemed pretty absurd to me! Even more absurd was my sudden fixation with the intricacies of canine urination procedure. But, as i have been saying these are dire times!
These are times when many decide to sit back at home, and others decide to stand up to the adversity and make the most out of it! If one is left wondering how can one make the best out of this situation, one needs to simply look around and notice the repercussions-
1. The usual fellow who manages to squeeze through a perfectly crowded train and sell his pencils, pens, hankies, combs now comes up with these masks and that with sticking to his normal business strategy of assuring to sell them at rates lesser than the market price! What is even more startling is his promoting technique, wherein he himself is sporting a mask! He even has different types of masks ranging from 10 to 50! Too bad he cant let people try them before they buy them (as is another of their marketing strategies, if some do not know!)
2. How mobile companies earn with every sms which reads thus, "50 odd fellows affected by swine flu and you wear masks, but million odd people affected by AIDS but you dont wear condoms!" (In high sentiment we forget that the HIV virus does not roam about in the atmosphere, and that condoms are not worn on faces and thus their being worn might not be so conspicuous!)
3. How condom companies are enjoying the free publicity!
4. The convenience the police department could have during the Independence day, cause the terrorists will finally not be able to find any place which is too crowded! Maybe H1N1 did something good for us after all!
5.The convenience they could further have in areas around bandstand where many a soulmates (so called!) would finally not be able to get so intimate as to thrust each others facial parts into each others mouths in public! Unless, obviously, they find a way to do so throguh the masks! (assuming here that everyone is way too panic-stricken to take off these masks!)
6. How the usual burkha clad ladies internally mock everyone in that if every soul had followed their age old tradition there would have been no swine flul! The burkha might finally come into vogue after all! (which does bring pictures of random actresses clad in bikinis but having a mysterious veil over their face to ones mind, to promote the further awareness, and to go the PETA way!)
7. How, eventually, some extremely finicky ladies would find it exceedingly necessary to match their masks to their dresses, which in turn would trigger mass production of designer masks.
My personal experience with a makeshift mask was pretty annoying. The abominable piece of cloth was forever trying to fal off my face, apparently exposing me to the dangerous virus (!!) and my attempts to talk on the phone turned pretty tiresome, since even the most regular of my call receivers could not place the origins of the voice from the other side. But the biggest drawback of putting on a mask (makeshift or not) is that one has to breath back their own breath and if that is after one has just had a meal of which the major ingredient was onion, one is in for a putrid time! Some blighters could also realize the importance of brushing regularly and the anguish others go through when these blighters talk! (If you know what I mean!) Finally, the importance of mint shall dawn onto people!
Its ironical, thought, that this lack of freedom to roam about comes right around our Independence day, and that on account of some biological fiend which is too miniscule to be seen by the naked eye! Maybe, all this points out at something! Maybe, nature will have its say after all! Maybe, the freedom we are set to lose courtesy the virus was an illusion anyway! Maybe, this is a good time to ponder about this (than about random urinating procedures!) Maybe, we'll eventually get back to our normal lives and not bother about all this! Thats the most practical 'maybe' till now!
But whoever said most practical is the way to go....
Sunday, July 12, 2009
1. Meeting a friend to check out his new car just before going off to sleep in the night, and suddenly deciding to cancel the sleeping and drive to lonavala at midnight, and that after rubbishing a certain other friends pleas to go to shimla or kerela for a vacation by drilling into him the unrealisticness of such a particular enterprise in just one night. Driving towards ambey valley up the ghat at 4 in the morning and being able to drive only because the NEW car had fog lights! Every moment that passed was a relief since nothing ungoldy sprang up from those ungoldy surroundings at that ungodly hour. I'd always keep hoping to have such a crazy and unexpected drive again.
2. It is absolutely impossible to understand what the Maharashtra Government was trying to achieve by giving 90% admissions to only SSC students! Their claim was that the other boards need to take care of themselves and their students by having new colleges established. Point is, could not there be given thought to this matter a good one year prior to the admission procedure than at the exact doorstep of the same? What would that student do who took to the other boards knowing he'll get the same playing ground when it comes to admission? (Even though it be by help of a strange formulae, which would invariably have few students getting more than a 100%.) Atleast the final decision of having the same base marks is a lot more rational, though absolutely uncharacteristic, and we would welcome some rationality in the system...
3. How a certain blighter got to spend her vacation at a film making school, then at a scenic hill top in uttranchal and finally in Kashmir and while at all this she also managed to finalize her stay in another scenic village side for six darned months and get somehow paid for it too! Towards her are directed all my envy and my awe!
4. Apologies if you did not understand how would staying in a village would get anyone envious of anyone...(Do not desert the blog just on that account!)
5. A thought was also directed towards how places in Mumbai that are most flooded with water get agonizingly more video coverage by our media, who have ceratinly learnt a fair amount of drama from the TV serials, notice the goosebumps giving music, the always emotional voice of the news reader and the ever castigative nature towards the city authority. It is designed to get the average new watcher completely horrified of rains, convincing them not to step out. And if some smart folks decide to venture out, for nothing but the sheer urge to prove the clowns wrong they are greeted with gloomy faces by their family members for having absolute disregard for their lives and their family's emotions (such reprimands are equally melodramatic). Would not giving citizens information about the safer routes, with an absolute unbiased face (cuase thats exactly how a news reader or for that matter even the news should be) than scaring the already 'living on the edge' citizens (courtesy all the terrorists, the cloudbursts, the rapists, the scamsters and the ever faithful stock market) with pictures of flooded areas be a better policy? But with all that competition wouldnt having simple straightforward news mean plummeting of the viewership? Result, further thinning of the edge that we live on...
6. I have still not been able to figure out why would a certain friend be so insistent of goig to a disco, (in goa, where having such a demand is absolutely viable and also to an extent not unethical!) when after going in all he (and with him us) could manage to do was see a zillion rowdies dancing aroung three (female) dancers, scantily clad and heavily cosmeticized, which was neither appealing to the eye nor any other part of the body.
7. How, finally, there was a long drive, as long as 1500km, and how every part of it was jus crazy fun. I refer here to the trip to GOA, in a CAR, which WE drove, from Mumbai (which is approximately 650km one way) which involved almost every thing a road trip would have, form breaking down of cars to serious hair pulling over what will happen now to being happily ever after. Only flaw was that we went off season, which could explain why the disco was more like a dance bar or why there could be no sports in the water. But there were exotic beaches (I, if not others, consider it exotic for the sheer view!) and some spectacular photography opportunities. The repurcussion of the trip was a borken car which refused to start unless it was pushed like in the 18 hundreds...but that is acceptable in return of the time we had..
8. With the introduction of rains, finally, in this season, which till then found it pretty ironical to be called itself rainy, brings with itself this thought, at the risk of being absolutely film like, of someday walking in the rains with some cherished for company.... (of the opposite gender of course, clarifation does become necessary after the scrapping of sections 377 (or for the sake of being politically right, after the rectification of the same)...and of course with the clutching of the hands and the lack of umbrellas........argh contraction (and another thought is lost).
And since there was no end to this piece, that seemed fitting to me, i'd just end it with the thing thats most on my mind, please comment!!