1. Meeting a friend to check out his new car just before going off to sleep in the night, and suddenly deciding to cancel the sleeping and drive to lonavala at midnight, and that after rubbishing a certain other friends pleas to go to shimla or kerela for a vacation by drilling into him the unrealisticness of such a particular enterprise in just one night. Driving towards ambey valley up the ghat at 4 in the morning and being able to drive only because the NEW car had fog lights! Every moment that passed was a relief since nothing ungoldy sprang up from those ungoldy surroundings at that ungodly hour. I'd always keep hoping to have such a crazy and unexpected drive again.
2. It is absolutely impossible to understand what the Maharashtra Government was trying to achieve by giving 90% admissions to only SSC students! Their claim was that the other boards need to take care of themselves and their students by having new colleges established. Point is, could not there be given thought to this matter a good one year prior to the admission procedure than at the exact doorstep of the same? What would that student do who took to the other boards knowing he'll get the same playing ground when it comes to admission? (Even though it be by help of a strange formulae, which would invariably have few students getting more than a 100%.) Atleast the final decision of having the same base marks is a lot more rational, though absolutely uncharacteristic, and we would welcome some rationality in the system...
3. How a certain blighter got to spend her vacation at a film making school, then at a scenic hill top in uttranchal and finally in Kashmir and while at all this she also managed to finalize her stay in another scenic village side for six darned months and get somehow paid for it too! Towards her are directed all my envy and my awe!
4. Apologies if you did not understand how would staying in a village would get anyone envious of anyone...(Do not desert the blog just on that account!)
5. A thought was also directed towards how places in Mumbai that are most flooded with water get agonizingly more video coverage by our media, who have ceratinly learnt a fair amount of drama from the TV serials, notice the goosebumps giving music, the always emotional voice of the news reader and the ever castigative nature towards the city authority. It is designed to get the average new watcher completely horrified of rains, convincing them not to step out. And if some smart folks decide to venture out, for nothing but the sheer urge to prove the clowns wrong they are greeted with gloomy faces by their family members for having absolute disregard for their lives and their family's emotions (such reprimands are equally melodramatic). Would not giving citizens information about the safer routes, with an absolute unbiased face (cuase thats exactly how a news reader or for that matter even the news should be) than scaring the already 'living on the edge' citizens (courtesy all the terrorists, the cloudbursts, the rapists, the scamsters and the ever faithful stock market) with pictures of flooded areas be a better policy? But with all that competition wouldnt having simple straightforward news mean plummeting of the viewership? Result, further thinning of the edge that we live on...
6. I have still not been able to figure out why would a certain friend be so insistent of goig to a disco, (in goa, where having such a demand is absolutely viable and also to an extent not unethical!) when after going in all he (and with him us) could manage to do was see a zillion rowdies dancing aroung three (female) dancers, scantily clad and heavily cosmeticized, which was neither appealing to the eye nor any other part of the body.
7. How, finally, there was a long drive, as long as 1500km, and how every part of it was jus crazy fun. I refer here to the trip to GOA, in a CAR, which WE drove, from Mumbai (which is approximately 650km one way) which involved almost every thing a road trip would have, form breaking down of cars to serious hair pulling over what will happen now to being happily ever after. Only flaw was that we went off season, which could explain why the disco was more like a dance bar or why there could be no sports in the water. But there were exotic beaches (I, if not others, consider it exotic for the sheer view!) and some spectacular photography opportunities. The repurcussion of the trip was a borken car which refused to start unless it was pushed like in the 18 hundreds...but that is acceptable in return of the time we had..
8. With the introduction of rains, finally, in this season, which till then found it pretty ironical to be called itself rainy, brings with itself this thought, at the risk of being absolutely film like, of someday walking in the rains with some cherished for company.... (of the opposite gender of course, clarifation does become necessary after the scrapping of sections 377 (or for the sake of being politically right, after the rectification of the same)...and of course with the clutching of the hands and the lack of umbrellas........argh contraction (and another thought is lost).
And since there was no end to this piece, that seemed fitting to me, i'd just end it with the thing thats most on my mind, please comment!!